Tuesday, December 13, 2011

2012 Will Be Happy and Free!

Hello dear reader! How are you? How is your end of the year shaping up?

I know all everyone wants to do right now is to be joyful. I am joyful. But I am also deeply sad. No one can tell what will happen with Dad's Leukemias. And I can't yet look forward to Eliana's 3rd Birthday because it will be the 1 year anniversary of my Mom's death due to breast cancer. When this new year turns over it will usher in the first year in which in all my 34 years I have not seen or spoken with my mom. And yet I am eager to leave this year of mostly misery but also some profound joys behind. I am looking forward to next year. It will also mean a realization of a dream.

In 2012 I launch Happy and Free Clothing. This line has taken a bit of a swing from what I started out planning. It has now become about rich phrases and images that strengthen, inspire, uplift and encourage me. And I hope that it does the same for you. I hope you find my shirts remind you of who you are, and that you are whole, valuable, and valued.

It is so bittersweet. It will be a moment I would have loved to share with Mom, who grew her business up thread by thread, she would have understood completely my hope, joy, creative sparks, and fears. In her absence, I pour my heart into this blog (for you my readers, and for myself) and into my creations. May we grow, heal, stretch, and become more open, loving, and stronger together.

I thank you dear reader, for your presence. And I really would like to know how you are doing? Do you have special hopes and plans for 2012?

7 comments:

  1. Hugz!! You're a strong woman, and all will be well. Plans for our new year are to get my family on a natural and whole foods diet completely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mom is sick too, we don't know what illness is... but she's peaceful about this. My plan for next year is to study in the university!! even if I have almost 30... I'm full of hope for the future, I send you hugs and hopes for your dad =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Roxy dear, I will raise my glass of treasured, rare, raw cows milk and toast to a new year of whole foods! Thank you for the hugs and confidence in me!

    Gracie, so happy to 'meet' you! I hope all is well with your mom and the mystery is solved quickly. Thank you for the love towards my Dad.
    Your blog is lovely and bright. I think Bernard looks stunning in blue. And what a breathtaking place you live!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm hoping for no major life changes in the next year, unless it involves us finding a house.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jennifer, that would be great! I hope it for you also. A big house with lots of carachter, yard space, and room to grow and stretch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. PS congratulations on your clothing company - looking forward to learning more about it!

    ReplyDelete