Friday, November 11, 2011

Primal Bread! Very good!



Our household is now mainly Primal and always gluten/refined sugar free and low carb. We have been looking for a great bread recipe to eat on occasion and this one is a keeper. Thank you Elana's Pantry.

This morning E and I made this delicious bread using my new hand-me-down Kitchen Aid mixer. We talked about why I needed 3 scoops of a 1/3c measure to make a cup, she helped me carefully measure and dump, and loved licking the batter and washing up after.

The recipe calls for using a food processor and that could be the reason my bread did not rise as hers did. Also, I use a standard loaf pan, hers is smaller, and did not double the recipe. I baked it at 350 for 30 minutes then 300 for 10 more. It slices well, tastes great and hold up well to sandwhich filling and vinegar and oil dipping (a fave of E's).

No comments:

Post a Comment